View Single Post
Old 20-12-2014

Some folks wondered if damp could be the cause. I am starting to dismiss the idea as the hall has more heaters than you can shake a stick at and the carpet storage area is cold and dry.

If its not just because it has not been raced on before, then I would suspect the old folks from the bowling have been getting furniture polish or some such thing on it while they have been playing with their balls.

Some of the oval racing folks are very against additive but I suspect using it for a couple of meetings is the simplest way of getting the carpet to work right.

Another thought... when we first rolled out the carpet I stood with my trusty 14 stone on my heel and with a twist action ground at the carpet for a bit to test if the surface fibres would loosen.
They did not. It is a very tough felt.
I asked the Eco Trackway for a sample of the Track GT but that still not arrived so nothing to compare it to.