Thread: JQ THE BUILD.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

So i've raced 2 races with her, first time at Slough (rwmcc) and 2nd time at Herts (hnmc)

Please note i try not my make my reviews biased! so here it goes...

Positives:

First race wasn't all too well, my engine had a failure (well it didn't start at all) so had to swap it out and missed 1 round of qualifying. 2nd round of qualifying was my first time out with THE CAR, i was very impressed with the amount of steering it had and its build like a tank! i crashed a LOT, but THE car's attitude was " Crash me all you like, i aint going nowhere! "

Its got a LOT of corner speed, its brilliant! very fun to drive,

Its a smooth car to drive, once i figured out the correct setup for Slough it felt balanced and very smooth!

Bodyshell works superb! keeps all the crap out but around the ackermann its a little too small,

Very light car, can be good for some tracks bad for others?

Negatives:

I really don't like the shock boots, they are very very weak, my Team Associated rc8.2e had the same problem but they lasted a little longer,

The orange washers which fit under the chassis are too much of a tight fit, meaning the first time you install them they instantly get scratched around the corners and the orange peels off a little.

The instructions aren't clear on which way to put the brake cam and levers,

My throttle linkage was too short (maybe a one off?) other people haven't had this problem.

and had a couple of weak screws, again maybe a one off?

My 2nd race at Hert's wasn't brilliant! as i arrived i noticed i had the setup the car up totally wrong for the track and it wasn't good, If i had the correct setup it would have been amazing!

In my opinion,

This is a fantastic car and has the potential to win a lot of races and maybe the world championship in the future! but at the moment it needs work, like a lot of cars... No car is perfect. Kyosho's don't like to be handled aggressively,Associated screws are made of cheese, Losi's wear off to quickly etc etc

and considering this is a fairly new company,they have done a brilliant job! its truly a engineering masterpiece, with that Thin chassis and sexy looks!

I need to revise my setup and hit the tracks again and get a lot of practice, because this car is TOTALLY different in handling from my previous cars.