View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Question Better 'rotation' in S2, any ideas?

Im trying to get my S2 to rotate better around very tight, slow corners as I feel that because its basically understeering around them that I am not only slower through the corner as a whole but also having to take a wider line into corners and therefore opening myself up to people diving underneath me.

I seem to have quite alot of rear grip, which works well at my club as it is quite slippery and any less rear grip just ends up with the rear fish-tailing and snapping out all the time.

After watching the cars at yesterdays Caldicot meeting I noticed that the S2's that were there on the day seemed to rotate very flat with little roll and shock compression from either side where as the X6's (Losi pink rears) and B4's (AE silver rears) seemed to roll alot more. I wonder if this is part of the issue?

Im currently on:

Front
30' hubs, full EPA and full steering lock, 32.5wt front oil with Losi blacks, middle on the tower, outer on the front arms, outer on the hubs, steering knuckles in the middle, outer camber ballstud hole with 2mm spacer, 35g lead up front, wishbones lightly below level (chassis is level as you look at it from the side)

Rear
3200 TP Lipos with 60g lead under each, Novak L motor (lighter than an R), 3rd hole from outside on tower, bottom inner camber link hole on tower, outer(??) hole on hub, SWB chassis with LWB on hubs (to get more weigh over the front?), inner hole on arms, 30wt oil, Losi pinks, upper wing mount hole on tower, 10mm-ish gurney, diff is only 2 weeks old but ive had this issue even since I rebuilt the diff to smoothness, wishbones level.

I think I have orange front pistons, and red rears but I forget

Other than this issue the car is brilliant

Any ideas??

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups