Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Ok race report for Sunday

Saturday I tried loads of set up changes and also weight distribution set ups and found one that made the car much more balanced. I also had a bit of bad luck and got taken out and ruined my rear shock shaft so opted to fit associated B4 shocks with dremelled out pistons to as close as possible dimensions as traxxas seeing as I like TRX1 shocks a lot. I opted to use schumacher white rear springs and schumacher grey on the front with 40 in the rear 3 hole pistons and 60 wt oil in the front 2 holes. Rear hubs were in the middle hole n the wishbone and had the shocks set in the middle on the wishbone. No roll bar. It was pretty good, had a little niggle with the back end being very loose but stayed with it as I was tired.

I had esc problems for most of the day so didnt get to finish two of my best races but decided to go up to 45 in the rear for the final and geared down as well. My pace was B final in the C but I got the lead on the second lap and pulled a half lap lead within two laps and went well until the front uj came out of my gear diff. Ok after investigation my CF front gearbox came loose and that gave slop to the diff and that was that but the car was putting in times that showed a vast improvement. Consistency was much better . I did find also that ceramics do not work in the ball diffs as all you get is major slip, so had to use gear diffs and that cost me but its a big test season and its coming along, now awaiting tungsten carbide diff balls and will see if that works. Will put an original gear box on the front to give me less agro on the day and also need to change my esc and motor, plus ratio. I intend to do much better in December.

race pics are always a plus ..

mvh isobarik