View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
In my nigh-40-years racing, people who come racing want to learn to race. Within limits, it doesn't matter much what kit they have or how fast the motor is. What matters is whether or not they have managed to build the car properly and set it up right. Much, if not all the problems with people not being able to handle their car is that it handles poorly due to being built wrong or set up wrong.
What a great reply, I couldn't have put it any better

As I mentioned above in relation to your quote - we held a night for helping drivers with the setup and only 2 drivers turned up!

I actually like your idea of forewarning the club that we would introduce the 17.5 class by default next season, that gives them 6 months to sort themselves out and either drive well enough to stick with 13.5, or move across to the Production Cup for 17.5 motors.

As I've already mentioned, we introduced the Trucks as a back to basics class and it's really working well - enforceing 1 type of ESC and LiPo and Motor has really made a huge difference and is the best fun I've had in a long time, though I will be getting my GT12 up and running again before the years out