Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider SCT View Post
Trouble is Justin, like myself you had a reasonably good 1st year, you invested a lot of £££ into new kit etc etc and you started the new season hoping to better last year's results and like myself,you have, however that hope/expectation puts a lot of self imposed pressure on your shoulders so the lows feel a lot lower even though you've done better on average.
I can't say I've enjoyed this year as much as last year but that's down to my own expectations and stupidity trying to run both classes..........something I won't be doing next year!
Spot on Steve, that's why I had to change the approach, and some of the other comments here are really apt too. I agree with Darren too on his points, I don't think the organisers intended it to be a full on NATIONAL but it is what is and I suppose that's inevitable.

The comments about just holding fire are right on the money too, as I changed my attitude at A1 and I personally caused a LOT less incidents on track, to the point where I actually never once took out a car on the first lap, apart from when Lewis HACKED me clean off the track after he was pissed that I passed him before the first corner, so I did reciprocate on this occasion. But this all goes back to the comments about the hunger for the win, bringing too many red mist moments.

Some drivers are worse than others, I am no angel and have smashed a fair few off including the team boss (Darren at Boughton) It wasnt intentional, just differing lines and a gap that disappeared by the time I got to it (see the video here however I have come a long way over the course of this year, in terms of wheel to wheel racing, and that only comes with practice.

I no longer have a local club that supports the class and due to the all the kit I now have its important to me that I still have a series to race in which is why I am so vocal about changing it up to suit the class better.