View Single Post
Old 30-10-2013

Firstly thanks for a fun event on a big indoor track, its really good to have a big indoor track to race on once a month through the cold wet winter.

Dan, about the track, I thought it was fun; the jump section in front of the rostrum was a little difficult to get used but the addition of the carpet on the jump onto the table top helped, personally I enjoyed this section but it did cause some accidents, I guess this is to be expected on an indoor track! I also liked the fast flowing nature, something that we don’t often race on these days. The cone thingy was fun but a little difficult to see so felt like an obstacle rather than a feature and getting around cleanly was better than trying to take it fast, maybe if the driving surface was facing the driver somehow? This would be difficult as it’s a 180 degree corner, maybe if it was closer to the rostrum so the viewing angle was steeper? One thing that was a huge improvement over last year was not using the kicker onto the table top, the kicker is very severe and launches the car very high and not much fun let alone hard on the cars as more often than not the down ramp is not touched! So, in short, I enjoyed it and the main comment is not to use the kicker.

Only thoughts, but you did ask

Cheers