View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpearce255 View Post
In reply to AC199,
To be honest I don't think many people are all that bothered about their club night results. Not all of us are so anal that we feel the need to plot graphs of our yearly progress and things! lol I feel it would unnecessarily overcomplicate the site, just to add functions that would be very rarely used.

It has nothing to do with anality, it has everything to do with wanting to improve. I'm new, and i want to see how the changes that i make to my driving style, car setup, parts etc all make to my average laptime. I realise that the track changes every week, data can still be gleaned from this, you may not use it, but if 1 other person wants to use it, then its worthwhile. Just throwing this info in here as well... If you dont want to use it, dont use it. No one is trying to force you to use it...

Quote:
As for adding a forum, that too would be unnecessary as the majority of our members know and use oople as their chosen forum for rc related things.
I'm not disputing that, but its literally a 2 second job to add a forum, it adds virtually nothing to the size of the site and if nothing else, i can add a link to oople, which i was planning on doing anyways...

Quote:
As a long standing club member and new committee member of our friendly local club, I feel that the enjoyment of the club is our welcoming attitude to new racers and our friendly, helpful nature towards each other. I feel this is what our website should be about, to welcome in new racers, which is a lot more important than club night race results, which as Col previously mentioned are pretty meaningless to compare week on week as they vary a lot anyway due to the traction, which varies a lot depending on the heaters and the layout of the track which is changed every week. The champ night results are how we check our progress and they are already posted on the site.

Really? Want to show me a link to them, the last results i can see are from 2010... also, why does everyone who is, seem to like advertising the fact that they are committee members? Arent we all equal in the eyes of the club, or does being a committee member mean your ideas and abilities are more important than mine? Should you as a committee member be allowed to continue and do a job that someone else wants to do and could probably do better, just because of your status? I'm just asking here, dont take this as me being disrespectful to you, as a committee member...

Quote:
Jerry and myself raised the issue of the website at our agm and proposed only minor functionality changes, content regarding our club (not results!) and a new layout. Anything else would be wasted.
I cant comment due to not being there, but since no one appears to have done anything, I figured that you either couldnt, or didnt have the time. Both of which i can help with.

Quote:
I'm sure you're probably capable of creating a site with all sorts of bells and whistles attached as you've explained by tooting your own horn in previous posts. But it's simply unnecessary!
That very insulting paragraph is missing a small statement, "in my opinion" Clearly i feel its necessary, otherwise i wouldnt have suggested it... Also, please dont take such a disrespectful tone about my abilities, you dont know me at all.

Quote:
Also as you seem to have barged in trying to take over our website and also insulted a few of our members, I feel your input is now unwelcome to Jerry and myself say the least!
Would you like to show me where I've been insulting? Also show me where i've been trying to take over your website? I have skills which can be useful to new members progression, and also give the website a fresh new look. All i was trying to do was help, now you seem to be losing your cool, and over the internet no less.

Quote:
As you previously said "If you want to carry on and sort it, then be my guest" and I think Jerry (farmboy) and myself can put our heads together and handle it ourselves, thanks.
Rob.
If thats the way you wish to play it, then i have no choice but to simply go ahead and create the site anyways. You carry on and do what you were going to do before, even if i'm the only one who uses the site i'll create, i'll get the information I want, in the format I want. I just figured that if i have a skill and a desire to help out the other newer members, i should offer to help, since you appear to feel threatened by this, for some inexplicable reason, I'll leave you to do whatever it is that you have cooking.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback