View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Guys,
sorry I don't think I was clear enough in my request / explaination. I want to do practice days not a race meeting (hence non-regional weekend), want to run at native LiPo weight (i.e. no extra ballast) and am so skint I might have to sell my dog to enter the first regional event!!!

I personally don't want to use LiPo at the moment and as I need both battery and charger it would a pricey thing to do in the short term even if I bought both 2nd hand and sold them on later . Also if I were to borrow something I would hope that the person lending me the equipment would stipulate the way they wanted it used so a LiPo novice like me would not run the risk of blowing up anything!

I wasn't planning on running at a race meeting, but going to my local track with a couple of others I race regularly with as pace guides. That way I could basically run the 4 cars (LiPo and NiMH RB5 & FS) alternately as a comparison ... I have 2 of each car available to me.
This would mean that not only could I probably do 20+ runs on each car over a 2 day period but also have others there to give their opinions. Actually have a couple of people who are willing to work on the cars too.

I certainly wouldn't be hoping to give "THE" set up but at the moment I can give no help at all as I've never ran the FS with a LiPo and only worked briefly enough with the RB5 to know that the set up will be a world away from what I am currently using as a base.

I only ever offer my set-ups to others to try as a guide / starting point based on the fact that nobody has yet driven the RB5 or ZX5 with my base set-up on and hated it. Personal preferences will mean that some people will want a little more / less steering, traction or whatever but if the car is 98% of the way there when they start looking for their hot base set-up it's a lot easier to help them develop what will work for them!!!

As stated I am looking at working with the LiPo cells in natively and NO extra weight, both cars are as fat as I am and will be significantly over weight even with a 3200 LiPo on board!!