View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013

Again, only so far as I'm aware Stu but there has never been any nominated or control tyre at the SE regionals. - certainly not in recent times but being a HCOV driver and not a true native, I might be wrong.

I'll lay my cards on the table now and say that I hope we don't end up having control tyres because it adds a layer of complexity for race directors and host clubs that I don't feel is necessary. With the exception of Barham, the venues are all known and so 'local' knowledge would dictate the obvious tyre choice.

EPR is likely to be Yellow minispikes in the dry and Silvers in the Wet.
Maritime either Yellow Minipins or Minispikes - either way the fast guys will get through the same number of tyres per meeting

Plough - Schumacher Yellows in the Dry with Ballistic Buggy Green Minispikes being a good all round choice for wet or dry.
I've used Losi Silver IFMAR studs at the Plough and they absorb the bumps well but don't offer the same bite that a Schuey tyre does.

Barham, I've no idea but perhaps some kind locals would chip in with good starting points. Otherwise, I'll be going armed with Schumacher Yellow and Silver Minispikes and Ballistic Buggy Green minispikes.

End of Season Finals and Nationals - fine, control the tyres. That's the BRCA rulings - but for actual regional meetings, my understand is that the tyres do not need to e controlled although some regions choose to do so.

There - may cards are laid out. I've lit the blue touch paper - now I shall retreat to a safe distance. Essex perhaps :-)

Over to you guys.