View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I still think the main problem is at Club & Regional level - Nationals being over subscribed every year looks great ont he surface but really is a problem as it's the only meetings people seem to want to do.

I think you should have to qualify to do nationals! I know you have to qualify for EOS finals but if you were to make people have to do regionals to get in for Nat's you'd raise the overall standard of Nationals but more importantly give clubs a far better chance of surviving due to having a guaranteed turnout at Regionals!

When i was racing at top level i'd still attend regionals as it was great practise and we used to still get really good drivers turning up - Even as we thought it was dying off a bit we'd still get 50-60 people at a Regional which was a great days racing without the stress of it being a national.

The way it's going there will only be around 8 clubs that can afford to keep going let alone have the interest to want to get up early and put all the effort into track maintenance / improvements.