View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011
Mad Member

i'm pretty sure that most RTR SCT's have option of forward/brake as a seperate function to forward/reverse on the speedo, none of our racers run reverse and there are a fair few out of the box RTR's

I strongly agree with the organisers and Graveltrap's last comment...

In R/C racing reverse is not allowed, simple!... only class i know of is Mardaves and after seeing some of their national racing recently, all that ever happens is cars reverse out of barriers very slowly into path of oncoming cars... crash!

this not acceptable and will only cause arguments when a truck going along with flow of circuit direction gets broken because of a car reversing in front of them.

I agree that marshals will make a split second decision and head for a car that looks to be stuck facing markings etc.. not good if suddenly the stranded car backs up and leaves a marshal heading across track for no reason.

If its a major issue and enough drivers feel they need reverse... run a Novice class for cars running reverse and they can drive which way they want without upsetting the racers used to forward only.