Thread: PLEASE NOTE
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014

Default PLEASE NOTE

Due to a conflict of interests I will not be attending the Regional at ARC tomorrow. As im sure you will have seen I currently work out the heats using a drivers average from their last 4meetings (using 2012/13 and current season). Late bookings have been received and as stated they may not get seeded, in this instance it worked out as we had enough entries to fairly add these drivers into an appropiate heat. We also have the 2012 champion returning and his average is high enough to be top seed. The decision has been taken out of my hands and heats resorted so that top seed has a high average but is down in the championship, the current 3rd place driver goes in heat 1 as he booked in late. Other late entries are in higher heats despite having a lower average and lower championship position. 2 drivers with who have earned a decent average have been placed in a bottom heat. I have been placed in the top heat despite not reaching an A final last season, an A final regular over the last 2 years has been placed bottom in 2nd top heat. Despite coming up with a fair system and spending hours putting it in place, I have been told my system makes no sense, yet a system where by we have a mix of championship positions, results and late entries does not leave us with consistent fair heats which is what I have been trying to do. I cannot justify a club refusing to do as I requested when I am running the series, so I refuse to support this meeting.