View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015

Default interesting read

Thanks for the read guys, interesting.

I used to race an rc10 gold tub back when I was a boy. Having been out of racing for 15years and my son taking an interest I visited a local track, spoke to a few of the top guys there and was advised to get the 210 RTR, great price at MB 160ish. at our local theres about 6 of them so parts werent an issue. to go with my lads 210 RTR i bought a 2nd hand v1.

If anything broke theres plenty of people to nab parts off and Ive never had an issue getting parts. My lad proke the rear hing pin holder but being plastic its understandable... his own fault, but he then broke his chassis at the front, where it kicks up. I called durango or revell... whoever the uk guys are, they immediately send a new v2 RTR chassis, bulk head and front tower for free. couldnt fault their customer service.

Ive aquired lots of parts over the 8months or so but with the announcement MB and inside werent going to hold any more parts I decided to get my son a b5m and can walk into my local and pick up any part he needs, Ive since bought myself a b5m and have both really improved.

the 210 was great, loved it to be honest. Im going to be selling both very shortly but if a new 210 were to come out id definiately have a look, but id only be tempted to buy if they sort the parts out

With respect to recruiting 1/10 drivers i had mailed TD about it as my lads getting better each week, won his final at Bury in the regionals last week, then won his final this sunday too ( Hayden-Lewis ) . AE are taking an interest and have a junior programme... for me the youngsters need the encouragement as theyre the future of the sport... disappointed TD didnt get back to us

Alas rant over - sort it out TD