Thread: Battlefield 4?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
The thing to remember is that 'low' on the consoles and 'low' on the PC are totally different, from what I've seen of the game running on all the hardware low on the PC Iooks better than either of the consoles. I'm not against a box in front of your TV for stuff like racing games and single player stuff but for multiplayer FPS you just have to have a KB/mouse to play with. Whenever I see BF4 gameplay on the consoles it's hard not to laugh at how slow and clunky it is!
Spec wise the new consoles are like a mid/low end gaming PC from a couple of years ago and it'd be dead easy to build a PC from parts for similar hardware cost. The only thing that would push the price up is the operating system, which obviously MS and Sony don't really have to factor in as much.

Paul - I'll get you added on Battlelog tomorrow
Theres no denying the specs on the Xbox One/PS4 are not the latest and great Intel I7/AMD or nVidia greatest graphic card but they dont need to be. If you built a PC to the same hardware specs as the current consoles it would no way run BF4 @ 1080p. It's always been the way, PC has always required faster hardware due to the lack of optimisation.

Maybe 18 months ago, I briefly had a AMD X4 @ 3.6Ghz and an oldish ATI 4670 512MB graphics card (plus 4GB ram) the CPU wasnt bad but the graphics card wasnt great. If you compare that to a Xbox 360, its much better. The GPU on the Xbox is about the same as an X1800, a fair few generations older, since it was made in 2005. Anyway, I ran BF3 on my PC and 720p on lowest settings I struggled to get 20FPS, it looked terrible and was unplayable. I had BF3 on the Xbox and that ran smooth (Only 30FPS but still smooth imo) plus it looked better due to upscaling. Get an early P4 CPU & a ATI X1800 GPU with 512MB ram, I bet you dont get over 5FPS in BF3.

All I'm saying is that hardware doesn't really mean a lot as consoles are massively optimised. Once again, I'm no console fanboy, I've always had PC's and game just as much on the PC than I do on the console, loads more the past year when the old gen consoles got a little too dated.