View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
There is slightly more to this than what has been mentioned above, what was also explained at the drivers briefing was the following:
Firstly there is no rule, as this has never been required. There is however a rule in the ifmar rule book.
So what was mentioned is that due to one manufacturer the dimensions that ifmar run to will be added to the brca off road. All manufacturers are aware of the dimensions, which is why they make wheels and tyres which all fit on each other's cars/wheels etc.

I know that people have been waiting for the outcome before deciding on what future wheels/tyres they do.
Bit lost here, Is how I read into it correct? The BRCA at present has no rule, But is going to adopt an IFMAR rule. so whats the big change?(I've not looked up the ifmar rule) are all the wheels we use now going to change spec, or are we suddenly going to fined some wheels are going to be deemed illegal to use?
And whats this certain manufacturer done to make this change needed?

The new AKA wheels make perfect sense if you are gluing US style dirt tyres as you need to get the glue right into the bead with a band on to squeeze it all together as they can be so soft,If you don't do a proper job they will be off rim on track in under a minute! unlike a tight fitting schumacher tyre that only needs a bead of thin glue run round.

reading from the last part of the quoted post, the change must carry some significant changes to say this:
" I know that people have been waiting for the outcome before deciding on what future wheels/tyres they do".

Hmmm????

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117