View Single Post
Old 29-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Paul, i think Jon is talking about running the motor in whilst its in a bowl of water,its meant to make them run better i think .
Yeah you are right Ross. From what I've read it a trick used on sealed silver can motors. You basically submerge the motor in water (maybe with some motor spray mixed in) and then run in via a 3v power supply. It is meant to break in the brushes and the bushing and give greater performance. But apparently also just spraying a bit of WD40 on the comm works really well too. This just brings back memories of brushed 27T motors and all the tricks you could do with them

Success ballast? It a good idea if we could get it to work I think one of the problems would be is that everyone is running different weights for their cars anyway. I mean you would have to ask Andy but last time I spoke to him there was a good range of car weights. Also the placement of the weight changes things too. It could work in the Mardave/Mini class though due to them having a simpler construction and layout.

At one of my old clubs we used a different qualifying format which we could try to shake things up a bit. Basically the practise was timed (like Scott has set up on the screen atm) and then everyones fastest lap decided the order of the grid, we then had 3 x 5 min finals per race night. This was done across 7 nights so there was 21 rounds with only so many counting. Just a suggestion