View Single Post
Old 31-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by (off)roadrunner View Post
all depends on what you really want from the truck.

shrunken 1/8ths
losi scte is built like a tank, but is heavy compared to the competition (which can help )

hong nor is similar to the losi but lighter all round and not so stable as standard due to the electrics postion, but can be turned into a great truck

hobao, very similar to above having seen a couple going they are very good once setup

Race designed trucks

Ae sc10 4x4, my truck of choice very strong, nice and stable, some good tuning options. can be high maintenence (doing diffs trackside wont be easy). can be too light and get pushed around.

Durango . current class leader very fast and nimble, yet to see one on the dirt though (roll on coventry national). have seen a few temperamental issues and breakages, if you already have saddle packs then its perfect.

there are a few others (lrp, ansmann, maverick etc) but not the best if your really going to race it,

best bet is try and have a go with the ones you fancy, that way you already have an idea if it suits your style
Totally agree,durango is heavy and has lots of breakages,last years nationals always sore a durango have something break on it in the course of the day.

Have an SC10 4x4 and regards to maintenance can be an issue but to be honest after a season of nationals and 5 events at A1 indoor still have done no maintenance on mine.
At the start i just changed the belt pulleys to the Titanium once as they kept melting been fine since.Plus side is its so light you can also use 540 motot on it.
Cant comment on the Losi as not seen many race.