View Single Post
Old 16-02-2008
Administrator

Default JConcepts – J82 - 2WD Electric 8th scale!

JConcepts have released a bit of a surprise conversion kit for the 10th scale AE T4 truck, converting it into something more like a large 8th scale 2WD buggy - complete with one of their excellent Illuzion shells on steroids!

From JConcepts:
J82 conversion kit - (converts RC10T4 to J82 - 1/8th electric 2wd buggy)Part # - 4002
(Converts RC10T4 truck to 1/8th 2wd electric buggy)

JConcepts introduces a revolutionary new vehicle concept, the J82. The J82 is the buggy of your dreams, combining the drivability of a 1/10th truck with the fascination of a buggy. The J82 is a terrific platform for drivers wanting to race on a bigger track with tough terrain. The J82 allows a brushless and lipo driver the opportunity to race with more confidence for an extended period of time.

Jason Ruona stated – “Trucks have always been easier to drive making them a popular choice in competition. The buggy class has always been looked at as the more prestigious class – Now the Worlds have collided.”

J82 conversion kit features:
  • Original JConcepts Illuzion - J82 body with J82 decal sheet
  • 1/10th Scale Ball Cups (black)
  • Groovy - 1/8th - 2wd front, green (fits 2.2" buggy front wheel)
  • Double Dee's - green compound (fits 2.2" truck wheel)
  • Mono - J82 front wheel (white) - 2pc
  • Mono – J82 rear wheel (white) - 2pc
  • Factory Blue Titanium Turnbuckle, 1.775"

As soon as I saw it I thought - hmmmm, neo! but sadly I was immediately rebuffed and can't use it there. Oh well, it looks like a good option for rough terrain fun and for those truck owners that prefer the look of the buggy (and who doesn't!).