View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019
Mad Member

I fill it just below the cross pins like I do with all my other cars. The oil came out before I had even run the car.

So I took the plate off of the diff and used engineers blue to see how flat the surface was and I found that it was not flat. Hard to do with the locators that are moulded into the plastic bit I used a very flat steel rule across the rest of the flat face. I had not tested the part prior to building the diff but have read that if you over tighten the screws on the diff then if will deform the plastic plate.

As my plate is deformed and not perfectly flat then putting in less oil is not going to help if the seal is still no good.

Anyway I have the aluminium one now and tested the flatness using the same engineers blue and everything is fine now.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!