View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016

A better turn out than expected for this time of year last night with 13 racing – 8 TC and 5 buggies (I think!) with some regulars still missing, (pikey, Fitzy, Trev, Kyle – hope to see you back soon)

A long awaited return for Richie Junior with Fingers along but just watching this week, racing again next – as was Clarky and James Davison – hoping James makes a comeback soon as it’s the second time in 3 weeks he’s been “just passing” and still has all his gear ready to run.

Ian back from a couple of weeks missing meant I was free from RC duties again giving a bit more time to fettle my car. Also Josh becoming a regular racer again and Oddball mentioning that Charlotte should be on track in a week or two J!!!

Grip was low early on with Gary flying on worn minipins but as the track cleaned and grip came up (or maybe as my setup tweaks worked!) carpet dragons proved the tyre for the end of the night and finals with some ridiculously close TC racing, literally jostling each other for 2-3 consecutive corners with lots of door rubbing, very aggressive but fair – great to watch!

Another “freak” problem cost me good points in leg 1 final when a motor mount screw came out and jammed the drive train – no where near as bad a result as Snowman who broke his steering on the first quail tho.

Good to see Cookie now having some reliability – which will allow his speed to improve spending more time racing, less fixing J

See you all again next week for more of the same

An don’t forget the Karting event this coming Saturday, still spaces left as far as I’m aware if you want to join us.