View Single Post
Old 19-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
If your tracks of choice are always slippery, the KD may indeed be the way to go. Otherwise, the KC might be a good choice with the addition of a ball diff for wet races. This way you'll retain more steering, which is key to fast lap times.v
Wet or sandy astro can be more slippery than a well-groomed dirt track, but the right tyres like Schumacher silvers or Ballistic greens or pinks make a difference for sure.
Thanks for the reply, lots to learn Most of my problems getting round a track are due to my lack of skill. Having talked to some seasoned racers who have run both gear boxes on the rc10b6 and have chosen the dirt version over the lay down gear box for all surfaces but I guess it comes down to driving style and personal preference. I like the thought of getting the motor back as far as possible to get max gyro effect from the motor for rear wheel traction then using slim light weight lipos to keep weight drown and weights up front to get the front traction right in corners?
The nice thing about the KD or KC is which ever you choose they use the same chassis so you can alway get the alternate gear box if you want to convert it from one to the other.

Off Road Club: TORCH
Off Road Race Car: Schumacher KF2
ON Road Club: SHMCC
On Road Race Car: Schumacher Mi5 evo, Eclipse
Rollers: Procat x2, Cat 2000ec, Club 10, Cougar 2000 95
Projects: Topcat, Storm, Procat no.3, Club 10 touring