Thread: Kyosho ZX6 4wd
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
I've seen a few photos now where people have gone rear motor LH / shorty lipo RH, servo / receiver RH side, speedo LH side.

But servo RH side isn't a build option as per the manual, and the servo mounting plate doesn't fit that side. So I'm curious to know how you fitted your servo? Directly to the chassis? And this also affects the steering bell cranks as they need to swap sides. Does this have any effect on the steering?

Also, anyone got a good indoor carpet set-up yet?
All you need to do is trim off the little lugs and flip the mounting plate over. I did use some longer screws and some nuts but this isn't necessary as the servo is actually mounted via the posts so the loads on the mounting plate are very low, even with just a couple of threads you won't pull the screws out.

Yes the bell cranks need to swap sides but there is no ill effect, the cut outs are to clear when using the longitudinal servo location so not relevant.

Putting the servo that side gives near perfect balance when using a low-profile servo and all other electronics on the same side (except ESC obviously). This is of course on my scales, all Orion electronics.

If using a full size servo you will most likely need 10g next to ESC but the balance will still be better than the manual setup.

Hope that helps.