View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016

It is a comprehensive conversion kit, one that allows you to convert an existing rb6 to a rz6, without having to rob parts of your zx6 (if you have one), and it does come with some nice to have parts (in the law 50 gear diff) that on their own are very expensive. Although it is (ludicrously) expensive for a conversion kit, it still is better value than the db2 based on what is included and uses parts of the current 4wd so better for your pit box too.
So yes, it will sell to the existing fanBase, like the db1 and db2 have.(very unlikely it will draw new people to the brand).
I personally don't really get on with the type of car on anything other that really high grip,I also think that the lay down transmission cars are a lot more versatile and don't really give that much away (if anything) on very high bite.
So it is unlikely that I'll be getting one, (I'll wait for the lay down car and make do with what I've already got).I don't like having to have multiple 2wd cars to suit different tracks and improving my driving skill is going to give me more than a faster car.
My main disappointment with this is that it seems a bit like a last minute panic move to launch a faster high grip car, to satisfy the need/desire of some markets, but still took 6 months after the worlds and for the UK it's coming in a little late for the outdoor season (time to get used to a new car before hitting the track on regionals/nationals), and after all this time the result is a conversion kit, not a car...
No doubt it will sell, and in the hands of fast drivers, it'll do well though.