View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012

The reason we are all looking at 8th is the massive amount of tracktime.

At Ribble we get 16 - 20 minutes of tracktime. At a big Sunday event we get 30 minutes, based on 1 practice, 4 rounds and a final. 1 hour if you run both 2 and 4wd.

My first rallycross meeting, I got a 10 minute practice, 3 x 7 minutes heats (2 min warm up and 5 min heat from a rolling start) and 35 minutes in the finals. (15 in the B and bumped to the 20 minute A) so a total of 66 minutes running at a meeting they wanted to finish quickly due to the failing light. In the summer when they have more rounds and longer finals you'd be near 90 minutes. We also have 3 great tracks near us in the northwest so no massive drives tobigmeetings.

That said I still think electric racing is faster, Nitro is hard to describe its fast, infact its very fast but the cars react slower so for me it feels slower. The challange is to get it round the very bumpy tracks quickly. Its just different.

So if you want an electric 4wd, get a B44.1. Its awesome but if you want to race with your mates from Ribble on a Sunday over the Summer, Get a nitro.

Lawnmowers indeed