View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
Just my view, paying a fiver to scam someone of £250 wouldn't really put someone off I think
I had the same thought. I have sold and brought items on the forum and the for sale secton is one of the best things. And to be honest i would pay the £5 to access the trade secton.

But what i fear is that the scammers will pay £5 have a trustworthy badge. Scam a few people in a hour and make of with £250. Then the problems not solved everybody complains and demand there £5 back and your back here.

I remember the first thing I brought of the site was from somone with a small number of posts but in his infomation he i noticed he was chairman of a club, i looked on club website and the names matched. That was enough for me to go on that the source was reliable.

The whole problem with the with the trade section it works on trust and so any sort of protection would have to be trustworty to stop scaming.

Banning gift payments wont sove anything there will be no control over the buyer sending the money. To properly police it you would need to intgrate paypal into the site to have any sort of control.

My Trade Feedback