View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013

The fact is, although not perfect, the for sale forum here is no better or worse than any other communities trading section.

All mods like to think their members are honest and shouldn't need policing - and this is correct for 99% of the members here I'm sure. As ever its the minority that spoil it.

I buy a lot through people and I consider the post count and how long they've been a member. I also read a few posts to get a feel of their attitude and whether its someone I want to be dealing with.

No matter what measures you put in place, if the guys intent on lining his pockets, the best you can do is make it awkward and slow him down, as they always win in the end.

I think Jimmy's problem is the whole "gift payment" thing. The simple solution I think is to ban gift(however I think it will still happen) and then if the PayPal fees are paid, they effectively police the transaction for you.

Ultimately the buck stops with the buyer. If someone PMS you offering something for a bargain price, surely you have to think "if its too good to be true.........it prob is".