View Single Post
Old 24-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Personally I would sell the Losi and get something else. I view them as nothing but trouble hence why I never got one. Get a LRP Sphere TC, Speed Passion etc.

Have you got the voltage capacitor plugged into the Spektrum RX?

When are you getting your clanfield lot to come electric racing

As for club improvements:

1) Paint the rostrume or get hold of the pub again now the Christmas panic is over..

2) Extend the track or certainly the start area, maybe think about getting the timing loop in a pipe and laid. Unless taking it in and out is working fine?

3) Astro turf the middle sections so the area is 100% astro turfed - depends on contacts and money.

4) Get some firehose tubing and dockyard rope. Need to contact the relevant people (Firebrigade and ABP)

5) A small table top jump, but the track needs to be extended first.

6) Amp and speaker system so that the warble and race control sounds can be heard properly (donations for amps and speakers accepted). I am looking on eBay at the moment.

Any other thoughts?

Once some of these have been ticked off then all day meetings and summer series are certainly more feasible etc.
All relevant points and some need discussion in detail, but on the whole an achievable plan.

I would like to see some dry weather and the digger can be used to clear the outside edges to clear some more space for parking, look to dig down 5 inch's and lay some hard core, hopefully cheap ton bags. We all would have some nice areas to part our vehicles all year round, so if funds permit this would be the most beneficial action. Relay the starting grid to one decent sized piece of astrotuf and install permanent tubes for amb.

The other will come over the coming months and weather, with agreement of the club members to have once a month all day meets, say from 9.30 - 4, this to count towards a club championship. Not make things complicated just kiss.

Mike, I would reckon a poll for all day meets once a month, for and against. Based on the time's above with counting towards a championship.