View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008

Originally Posted by Swiss
I can't exsclusively say that out of all the models of cars available, that some didn't require work to fit the 4200. I can say that the 2 models I run, neither needed work.

Surely he will have the soldering iron, solder to install the electrics in the car, so the facts of the matter are whether putting the cells together is comparible to modifying the car to fit the LiPo, (I personally think that extending the battery posts is not the case with all cars).

it takes a bigger soldering iron to solder cells proprly than you would use to solder wires

I don't know many people that have a differant soldering iron for their cells and wiring??????????? In my personal experiance people have one soldering that does everyhting!

how many joe bloggs would race at brca meetings let alone be a member?

Surely this hobby is about everyone, not just BRCA members.
At some point, Joe Bloggs may be interested in coming a BRCA sanctioned club/regional meeting. then he would have to be a BRCA member!!!Club meetings are not brca sanctioned! a BRCA sanctioned meeting is a meeting run for or by the section
ie off road brca nationals, off road brca regional

if joe goes to those chances are his cells and motors may not be on the EB list anyway if he is a car park basher

Their secound car may be more than a car park basher.... So still with relatively little experiance, and with the forethought of not having to purchase more equipment in the future. They may wish to purchase a more 'competative model'

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits