View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

Welcome back to racing.
You are right to say off road has changed, but in alot of ways for the better. You can practice for about 25 mins on one battery! And motors only need a clean and lub the bearings.
2 wd cars are nearly all mid motor giving better balance on higher grip tracks, and with the brushless system on them, they are very quick.
I don't race but my son does, and like yourself, came back to racing after 13 year gap. He adapted quckly so i'm sure you will.
The SV2 is agood car, and good value in my opinion. there is a good selection to choose from, depends on your budget.
You get a fair idea what's going on from this site, and if you look in the club sections you will see who is doing what and meetings indoor and out.
Dudley radio car club race indoor every Friday night, at the Coseley school in the school hall. If you looking to race indoor it's agood place to start with being very local to Wolverhampton. I'm pretty sure you will get plenty of encouragement from them. Also there is a club meeting on at kidderminster this coming Sunday if that appeals.
Hope that is some help to you. Good luck.