View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009

Default dates

Hi

In my last post I tried to explain , Not very well, the reason our club has limited dates so here’s another go at it.
Due to the hall bookings, we use the hall for the pitting area and to allow the use of the car park we are unable to miss all other club events . Our dates are set well in advice to get as many dates in as possible and these dates were sorted out before the regional’s were published .We try to fit in with the local clubs in the Boston area but they do run on Fridays and Saturdays we run on Sundays so there is no real problem .This is the only way we can set our calendar.
As for the unwritten rule about not holding club meetings on regional events we were not aware of this. For next year will hold setting our calendar until the regional dates have been published
We did manage, by luck to leave 4 tracks who were hosting regional’s clear. This did leave 4 dates we could not avoid.
As the club has a small number of local drivers , also the off road is new for this season, so most of the off road racers are new to this side of racing and may be they will wish to do regional’s next season.
There is a possibility that on 26 April we will run 4WD only we are unable to move this date. Also we will do the same with the 9 August and run 2WD only . Again we are unable to move this date
There is a chance that there may be a couple of cancellations at the hall which may allow us to move two dates 7 June and the 9 August but this is subject to what dates are available.
I hope this clear up any misunderstanding that may have arisen.

https://sites.google.com/site/levertonraceway/home