View Single Post
Old 29-12-2005
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Chris.

Interesting perspective you have there. I'd initially agree, but you have to think beyond what we know and accept today. A few years ago I remeber thinking how will anyone ever produce a car that's better than the CAT ? I'm also sure that in a couple of years time we will look back and wonder 'why, did we all really think the B4 was so good ?' as we will be running something far superior.
Everything is constantly evolving, materials, manufacturing processes and associated technologies. It's so easy to look at today's cars and think 'that's it, it's the pinnacle of what can be achieved, I see no way whatsoever to improve it'
That's the challenge for future designers, and it's the challenge that will see some manufacturers be successfull through innovation and design and others fail. I remember when the Losi Kinwald was the totally dominant 2wd car and the B3 was a joke. It didn't stop associated designed something that was a significant leap forward, the B4 ? Hopefully we will see this kind of 'leap' time and time again, it's what keeps the hobby interesting for many people.