View Single Post
Old 21-08-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ok, buy your new SSD (I'd get nothing smaller then 240GB/~£65 or 500gb / ~£120 now for win10), and use disk imaging tool to copy your current install to the new drive, set it as your boot, and install. Acronis True Image is perfect tool for this job. My copy came free with the last Crucial SSD I bought.

With this method, you don't need to reinstall windows and lose you presently installed software.

You are then free to upgrade to win10 using the free update offer from microsoft.

Have a read here to get the win10 install media:
https://techjourney.net/download-off...t-product-key/

Alternatively, buy ssd, install it into machine. Do a clean install from your windows 7 media with your existing licence key, then perform the update to get free windows 10.

10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------