View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
Its already happening! Ive seen numerous drivers with images of three seperate cars ready to go, including people at our club! People will do it, are doing it and will consider it even more to do so.
I don't have a strong opinion about limiting the design of 2wd cars but I do agree the 1 marked chassis rule per meeting would be a good idea.

There is a side to this that has not been mentioned - the newbie or potential newbie - we are all looking at this from the inside looking out.

What about the parent who brings a kid along that is interested in racing for the first time? Then they look at the drivers competing with three and sometime four cars all with top line kit, ready to go and decide that maybe junior should find another hobby or sport that involves less outlay to be able to compete. I'm not saying that any of it is necessary but just think what it looks like to an outsider thinking of starting up.
Back in the day it was the 6+ boxes of nicad batteries and expensive all singing and dancing chargers/dischargers, motor lathes, and constant rebuilds of said motors that put off several people that I knew that were interested. Racing is never going to be cheap in any scale but why make it potentially more confusing with ever more classes and stacks of gear, much of which will sit on standby, just in case?