View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobr5turbo View Post
Hi there, might be another wet regional, could it be 6 of 6 this year, bets anyone??

I might go, if so, can anyone tell me what tyre and setup changes are required? I mean compared to the other off road regionals this year (colchester & coastal) which aren't on astro. ie Shocks,springs, camber links etc

Any advice would be appreciated

As John said it can't be a full house of wet meetings as I thought round 4 at Coastal was dry all day too.

The weather is supposed to cheer up towards the end of the week and get warmer to so hopefully it will be dry.

As for setup a lot may depend on whether it is wet or dry. I didn't change anything on my 22 last time we were there as I felt the car needed to generate a lot of grip. Ended up running Dboots Multibytes on the rear and schumacher green mini spikes on the front and felt these were more consistent than the ballistics.
If it's dry I would imagine that going a bit thicker on the oils, a rate up on front spring and stagger ribs and schumacher yellow mini spike on the rear would be the place to start. Might also find that Ballistic Buggy Green spikes work quite well as the astro is quite long pile.

It would be worth the trip come rain or shine as the track is really good. Equally it's pretty open as to who will do well as it hasn't been raced on that much by anyone and I believe there have been some new features added since our last visit.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!