Thread: Stubby lipo
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2012
Mad Member

There are other issues too. The wing and its mounts must come off to move a shock position. The wing mounts, which screw in from the front, are hard to get at when they are forward.

We very much appreciate all your input. Unlike many R/C companies, we thrive on input from The Family. No N.I.H. with us. We have implemented many changes over the years that were suggested by The Family. Each of the suggestions above will be carefully investigated, at least by producing some C.A.D. if not actual parts.

In this case, it's not easy to come up with something that works well, is good to work on, and can be produced in quantity at a reasonable price. That's four criteria, each of which often is in conflict with the others. When we stopped working on tower forward we had made and tried several different versions of it and none met all four criteria, especially the EZ to work on one.

The performance difference is not great, if there is any at all. If you think about it, moving the wing forward takes away its leverage, making it less effective. Paul did this in fact to minimize the wing on large high speed outdoor tracks, but moving the wing forward in the normal mounts and trimming the Gurney accomplishes 99% of that. Paul says the primary advantage is that, in his opinion, the car looks better. I disagree.

We have the SCX - 60CF to do, and the X - 7. How much time should a two-man company invest in a project the delays the two big things, is proving difficult to do, and does not produce much benefit? I hope everyone out there is willing to continue winning races with the tower in the standard position so we can have a ballistic 4WD in your hands later this year.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC