View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013
Administrator

I think a full metal durango chassis would contain a lipo fire better than a lipo sac - why isn't it mandatory that everyone runs a full-metal durango?

Seriously though - if you're going to make a rule, follow through. Organise it properly and talk to a manufacturer who'll give a bulk discount. Everyone racing a sanctioned event gets a nomex fireproof bag for a fiver, or a metal container etc.. Everyone has a stamped approved ifmar/efra/ whatever bag that's actually been tested by someone with the skills to blow up some stuff - and is confident enough that it'll not contain the fire for 30 seconds but for EVER, nothing safe about charging a lipo in a tent whilst you're not there and having it burn a hole in your table and down to that acetone container. Ker-boom.

Safety doesn't end with 0.1v of cell discharging in a crowded tent or a flimsy lipo sac. I'm an all or nothing guy - either do it properly or not at all. It's a waste of everyones time to run a middle ground that neither protects nor serves the racers.