View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008
Mad Member

I was one of the drivers whos rear output cup broke on Friday and mine went when I had a car hit me from the side very hard as he came over the table top and missed the down ramp! My car was his buffer for a soft landing!! I was running one o-ring on the shaft to stop the drive shaft from hitting the cup but think that I may have to run two or even run a 2mm limiter from my Losi xx-4 to stop this from happening again. I also have one of the other drivers diff which also went and have noticed that the two diffs I have here that have failed are the female output cups U3336. Glypo did your female side go as well?

Upon examination it also looks as though the output cups may have been hardened too much as the metal has fractured straight across where the slot has been machined for the dogbone and there is also tiny amounts of metal that have fractured off where the dogbone pin runs inside the slot. I have included some pictures in this post.

Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!