View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011

Default York RC Club website.

As some of you may have noticed, the website for the club is in dire need of being made useful.

I can make this happen. I've designed and created one or 2 websites in my time, no i cant link to them, if you catch my drift.

I see no reason why the system used for results, which i've seen and is an access database, heavily modified, cannot produce an output which could be turned into a database entry on a website. People at the venue, should they be remotely technically minded and have a smart phone, could then access the website and view times etc away from the rather crowded area behind race control. It would also mean that all meetings times etc would be saved and could be used by utter noobs like me to plot progress, be it forwards or backwards, and also used by the more experienced to see what different car setups have done over the course of a nights racing.

This really isnt a difficult task, only a few days part time coding and would be very useful...

Should the peeps in charge of the club wish to speak to me about this, please, come find me, I'll be pitting next to Mossy and will be wearing a weirdfish tshirt, driving a B4, or a Madrat, havent decided which yet...

Also, before this question is asked, no, i wouldnt want cash for this, i'm happy to do my bit for the club. But if you fancy turning those bloody heaters off in the main hall, i'd be greatly appreciative.... :P

Anways, gimme a shout if you'd like this done.

AC199