Thread: off road advice
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2011

I agree totally with Dandare..

I have every car he's mentioned above and enjoy them all . I have the Carnage not vantage though..

The blizzard is the worst imho out of that pack, I've had more probs with it then any other car I have. In fact it's been permanently retired.

I'd suggest the Vantage for more of a budget racer.

Best Bang for Buck is the Maverick Evo XB, with 2.4Ghz and all the alloy options later on it's great for £115. Has no slipper though and is more of a basher then a racer...I love mine!

The LRP Blast is quite close to the Vantage...more expensive in every way including spares. I do race mine... In fact it will be at the Norfork buggy club tomorrow ... but I think I'll upgrade to something else (Maybe a Vantage) later in the year. The Blast has some steering geometry issues that you need to tweak to be able to drive it, even as badly as I drive And servicing is not the best with the Blast...

The Kyosho Lazer which I don't have anymore is a good car..but spares are not the fastest to get and it has a design flaw...basically the shock towers are connected directly to the top of the diff's...which mean as a rule if the tower goes, the diff case can go too. I cracked a couple and the alloy ones are just too expensive... very quick car though and appart from the diff issue is excellent.

Overall I think I'd suggest the Vantage as a starter car for both club racing and a bit of bashing. Has a large selection of upgrades coming this year... And it looks mean

One other I could throw into the mix is the Caster SK10.. can find these for about £160 brushless .. This is something I'm considering myself...

J

ANVIL-GFX