Thread: Joo's paint!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012

Cheers for the advice. It's been a loooong day. I had nightmares with Fasmask put on way too thin. Had to more or less scrape off the mask from the pinstripes on this one (see latest pics). Had to build up the black shading more than I wanted to hide some static marks. Can't wait for the prep to arrive from Jon!!!

Going to try applying with a brush/sponge in the meantime as a test, and see if the issue goes away.

Finally to add insult to injury, I went out to the garage and cranked up my venerable old Roland Camm 1, to find that the ancient PC running it refused to boot - hard drive knackered. Luckily being an ex-I.T. man, I had a back-up of all the work and a duplicate of the drive on another PC, so was able to do a little juggling to fix the prob.

A lot of work to get some fresh headlight masks.....sheesh..!

Here's the pics. Can't take credit for the design, its based on one of Luke Hobsons, - I see Ginga has just done a few new ones for him. I bottled it and left most of the black shading off given the issues with static I seem to be suffering at present...

cheers

Ju
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1657.jpg (253.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1658.jpg (240.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1659.jpg (183.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1660.jpg (182.6 KB, 37 views)