View Single Post
Old 20-01-2009

Send a message via MSN to baD Send a message via Skype™ to baD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
It wasn't good, but I had a point and is was concrete. Unfortunately, Bill couldn't prove or disprove my point so after getting all heated I simply took his decision.
erm 'scuse me - just to clarify & set the record straight.
The rule is basicly that only those racing when race abandoned can re-start.
You were not racing - you agreed - no issue.
The other race, I did 'prove', to myself, by reading the bbk screen that all drivers crossed the line after the 5 min mark which was when it was called abandoned for a re-run. So they all got a re-run. I could not show that to you later when disputed as bbk deletes the orginal results to do the re-run, but as I said on the day, I read the screen correctly.
So there was no question, by the rule, as to whether you should be allowed to re-run or not. The only decision was whether to apply the rule or not. I decided to apply it as it is clearly in place to avoid a driver getting an advantage due to race abandonment.
This is a bit different to you or anyone else being late, or not marshalling, which I would probably just warn along with some attempted public embarrasment.
Thank you for not actualy disputing my decision, but to raise this incident in public and leave it a bit up in the air with the words you chose, doesn't do my reputation any good, hence this reply.
I'm glad you raced the final, got your points and can likely repeat your 07/08 championship win.

ba