View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013
Mad Member

Rules are always about interpretation. The way I read the first rule brought up is that the Durango wing couldn't be used as it's not physically part of the body i.e. you have to cut it out and then bolt it on. Whereas on the Team C Jelly mould bodyshell there is a wing moulded into the back of the body which would be legal.

I think the second rule should be clarified with a physical minium width of the wheel. At the moment you could run the SCB wheels back and front and still be within the rules, Might be useful on a muddy track If a physical minimum width for the wheel is set then this would stop that happening and everybody would be running the near enough the same wheels. It would also stop people running the thinner tyre and cutting down the wheel to. As long as the physical width of the wheel is correct then it won't matter what offset they are, assuming they still fit in the body.

As for the 14RS bodyshell, that should be banned on health grounds....

But i believe it is an unofficially licencnsed one of these..

Now thats a Dakar Mitsi Lancer and as the rules state "Only 1/10th short course bodies allowed, with enclosed wheel arches, minimum cut outs and be a true representation of the full size vehicle. No add on spoilers / wings allowed."

So it depends how you define a short course body. Personally I would say that it's a Dakar Rally body and not a Short course body. This would also apply to that Hummer Body thats just been released to.

Also the rule I have quoted also states no add on spoilers / wings allowed which backs up my thoughts about the first rule I spoke about

Again this is my interpretation of the rules. And I am not really bothered who turns up with what as I am just going to turn up and race whatever is there.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles