View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013
Mad Member

Have to agree too,

My pet hate with the lipo/motor list is it prices out a lot of club racers i've known from taking the step up from club racing into BRCA Regionals and onwards, purely because they have to spend extra to buy something which does the same job.

The lists 10/15 years ago were also to keep costs down for competitors, capping costs made no difference to safety and i'll admit we used to pretty much fry nicads on chargers till they were boiling to get punch out of them to keep up with those team cells and expert hand wound motors!

The bodyshell rules are laughable, surely air holes keep things cooler and help prevent meltdowns

Lipo bags/containers should be homologated/rated by proper destruction testing under realistic conditions... for the safety of everyone if we have to use them. Is it better to have a random unpredicted burning bag in the middle of pits or to be able to see a lipo swelling and being able to get it out of human reach asap before it goes up?

I did find it funny at an undisclosed meeting/venue last year when told to scrutineer ourselves, funnily enough we were all legal that round!