View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Homologation is essentially a tax on the importer/distributor/vendor to give the product a "fit for competition" stamp. Being on the list means more sales, but also pumping money into the BRCA for the right to be on the list. It effectively keeps the prices of a product bumped up to pay for the inspection (actually I just checked the cost, and it's far less than I thought).
Regarding ROAR vs EFRA and BRCA approval, etc. The ROAR testing spec is far more stringent, so it is safe to assume that a typical ROAR or EFRA passed hard case pack is perfectly safe to use for club racing (Gens ace/Hobbyking Turnigy, etc), but hasn't contributed funds into the BRCA coffers so isn't on the list for those regional/national events. To be fair there is nothing wrong with pumping money into the BRCA as it helps fund the events, racing and hobby we enjoy. But the lists are effectively another funding stream for the BRCA, not safety, though I'm sure they would argue otherwise. In fairness, if you look at any other organised body, like a sporting association, national group of clubs with a common interest, or annual subscription "club" , they have formulated a set of rules and regs to follow, mostly for insurance or liability purposes. I'll correct myself then, the homologation list(s) are essentially for liability shift, rather than an individuals safety.

Jimmy you are spot on with regards speedo/ESC software, but a guess the blinky lists are a fair indication of the "approved" or passed as fair devices available.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------