View Single Post
Old 20-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy man View Post
Nice to see what people's thoughts are - please keep them coming interesting to see and it can only help us to reach the right decision and also the right changes to make the venue better

Also good to see what bad points there are to the venue as some things can be the slightest thing to us but a massive thing to the racer

I came for a practice once mid week and then for round 2? of the winter champs.
4wd I must state now so can't comment on how much of a struggle it is for 2wd although it certainly had more grip than Batley indoor or bury indoor with their polished wood floors!
The track itself I liked, I thought grip levels were pretty good and I only had m3's on! If I were to change anything it would be the jump nearest the rostrum, but only slightly, to allow the fastest drivers a chance to jump the whole feature in one.
Regarding tyres,
The m3's I used for both days I will happily use again, tread wear is very minimal, for the amount of laps I did at storm I would have used 2 sets of schuey yellows on astro.

Round 2? or whichever round it was, was the day the power went off and we were stood around for over an hour, I didn't wait to see if the meeting resumed or not, I'd had enough by then.
There was no follow up from storm on this, I would have liked to see the owner offer a free practice day or something to compensate for the fact we paid £15 for 2 heats of racing! Maybe that would have tempted me back sooner. Leaving the track feeling hard done by is never gonna make you want to return quickly.

That is the main reason I haven't returned, I can go race at most other places for £5/£7/£10 and get a full days racing, at storm I paid £15 for 2 heats.
Fixing the electric issue to include availability of charging would also be a good step forwards as would increasing the size of the pits as we ended up at the top of the carpark pitting out of the boot of the car on a wet windy winters day, which lets face it you just don't expect when your racing "indoors"