View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020
Mad Member

The reason car jumps flat is because your transmission is rotating, effectively creating a gyroscope in your car. As such, you can control the angle of your car with the throttle: increase revs to point the nose up, decrease revs to point the nose down.

When I started racing I had problems with jumping, and found that I let go off the throttle in the air. However I only clearly felt this once I switched my sensorless brushless for a sensored one, which delivers power a lot more precisely.

Another issue can be ride height, but I agree with the others, 24mm is too high, in fact it is even considered high for clay and dirt these days. Go to 16 to 18mm and work your way from there. Also, the white and green springs are the kit springs of the car and are meant for low bite like dirt and clay. For carpet, you need harder springs, like white on the rear (1 harder) and blue, yellow or red up front (2 to 4 steps harder), and you need to thicker oil accordingly too.

Last but not least, how are the other doing on the jumps? Designing and building a good jump is easier said than done, and the wrong shape of the jump as well as too sudden transitions or bumps in the jump can make it really hard to land a jump correctly.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy