View Single Post
Old 19-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
A lot of people think that this is the case but it is not.
Hobbywing are very good and very popular on the Asian continent but just not on the same level as Orion. Power ratings etc etc are far higher on Orion and that keeps the temps down and motors last a lot longer and it just goes on and on. If you stuty the ratings etc you will soon realise that Orion is in another league.
Saying that Hobbywing are very good.
It just depends if you want the best
Sorry Tony, but your slightly wrong.....fair dinkums for pushing the sponsors product mind (even if a little misinformed )

The speedo is built for Orion by HW. End of.

That's no bad thing, and it is a unit built specifically for Orion (so won't be rebranded as anything else), but is not an Orion home brew as many people seem to think.

What it isn't is a V3 HW in a rebaged case... call it a V2.5 if you will. It comes out of the same factory as the other HWings, and is designed by the same guy.

There is no doubt the Orion is a damm fine unit, and certainly visualy looks loads better than the current HW v2 120A...and from what I've been told the internals are a step forward over the old ESC too.
Personally, I'll wait for the v3 HW to be released thanks, which will contain most of the internals of the Orion, with a few other tricks. However, there is plenty of room for both on the market

If you doubt my above points, this comes direct from the HW factory, as I do have close contacts with them, being based out here.

Regards
Ed