View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to kartdemon Send a message via Skype™ to kartdemon
Ok. Well I am going to open myself up here but wanted to say that I actually setup the site for Demon several years ago now. The store owner gets nothing but praise for his service and honesty. I felt that I should recipricate this for him with the honesty of the site.

I was working on this until the early hours of the morning to work out what had happened. As already mentioned access was gained to some address details along with name and telelphone number if any.
Their are a number of security meausres in place on the site. Actually more than most would realise and certainly much more than most well respected large chains have in place.

I have been speaking with another company where the same thing has happened to them too. Only a little while ago another very well known RC manufacturers site was hacked but nothing mentioned to the public from what I understand.

An email has been sent out to customers who have had this email and a notice will be placed on the site later today when I get back home from Demon.

A number of extra steps have now been put in place and also a belated action. It appears that someone has found some way to circumvent some security area too, as a number of stores, not just what I have mentioned are being talked about.
However I would like to add that CC information is handled differently. Their is probably no way I can assure you of this but just to say that it is safe.

I would hope that people who know us realise that we do try what we can for our customers. If you feel that you would like your data deleted from our system then please let us know.

I would urge people who have recieved an email to report it as spam to speed up the process of getting the domain in question demon-powerproducts.com blacklisted.

Apologies.