View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
MG had dropped out of the standard motor market by the time I got going properly in it ('93) but I remember doing a local inter-club between Swindon and Basingtoke in '89 and you could see that the further up the grid you went the smaller the pinions were...
The fast guy from Swindon (Andy Langdon) was an MG driver and from the pinion he had on and the speed of the car I'd be pretty certain that was one of Mick's 'special' motors
We always religiously stuck to 32tooth 64dp pinions for ours on a 'normal' off-road track, and dropped down to 31 for indoors or shorter, tighter tracks. One of the blue label motors pictured above still has the pinion on it from bitd, and i just tried to count the teeth from the pictures i have here... looks like a 31 to me. Note the ROAR JAPAN can also.

The pink versions are from '93 so they were still going in the standard class at that time. Here's an article featured in August '93 RRC showing the start of the standard A Final in the top picture. That must have been one of my last races as my car is still virtually unchanged from that picture.